The Minnesota Opportunity Corps is a partnership of ServeMinnesota and community based organizaitons to come together for a common purpose – to use the power of national service to assist Minnesotans with economic barriers to become more self-sufficient. Our AmeriCorps members are trained to serve in collaboration with the staff at our Partner Organizations to support program participants in gaining, retaining, and advancing in employment.
The organizations in this partnership are committed to delivering a program that not only delivers high-quality, meaningful results for those we serve but also operates in accordance with the following set of values:
- Respect & Dignity: We value the unique strengths and assets of all people and treat them with compassion and care.
- Hope & Optimism: We believe in the possibility of a better quality of life for everyone.
- Partnership & Collaboration: We build effective working relationships amongst ourselves, our AmeriCorps members, those whom we serve, and others in the community who share our purpose.
- Integrity & Reliability: We act with honesty and transparency, and we follow through on the commitments we make to ourselves and others.
- Innovation & Improvement: We continuously strive to get better by learning from our results and adopting proven, evidence-based practices.
- Diversity & Cultural Competence: We cherish the differences among people of diverse backgrounds.